LINQM Is looking to add a Control Systems Engineer to the team. The design team drives to create the factory of the future by overseeing the design of cutting-edge large scale equipment and utility systems in support of highly innovating manufacturing processes.
- BS/MS in an Engineering field (Majors in: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Control Systems, Computer Science and Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering, Automation Engineering, etc.)
- 7+ years of experience as a hands-on Controls Engineer or Applications Engineer working on automation and/or electromechanical systems.
- Professional Engineering License (PE) or equivalent from the local engineering authority
- Participate in initial equipment conceptual development and carefully balance product specifications, process control requirements, layout complexity, cost, quality and lead-time limits.
- Participate in development P&IDs for utility systems and process equipment
- Specify instrumentation and develop instrument lists and location plans
- Participate in the layout of new control panels
- Develop cable and termination schedules
- Develop 24VDC power systems and layouts
- Develop instrument mechanical installation and wiring details
- Specify and size control and communications cables
- Select and size electrical and electromechanical components such as valves, solenoids, circuit breakers, starters, and VFDs.
- Provide input into the development of sequence of operations (SOO) documents and functional control specifications
- Work closely with PLC and HMI development to integrate and develop innovate control solutions.
- Manage contractors to optimally execute scopes of work
- Participate in continuous improvement activities with key stakeholders and engineering groups
- Participate in specification and standard creation
- Participate in design validation practices including NormOp and HazOp analyses
- Participate in the execution of start-up and commissioning activities
- Produce RFQs for release to Vendor and quote technical evaluation
- Enforce application standards, Manage suppliers during specification, design review, design approval
- Establish test plans and control test plan execution at Vendor and at facility during installation and buy-off
- Support a team to develop high efficiency alarm rationalization techniques
The ideal candidate takes pride in his/her hands-on work, analytical ability, organizational skills and attention to detail. They appreciates an environment where innovative and high quality work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded and where individuals carry tremendous responsibility. They looks forward to learning an incredible amount on the job. They is an excellent cross-team communicator, with a knack for understanding, process, mechanical, and electrical systems as well as complex controls.
- Proficiency with utility process, chemical process and HVAC control systems
- In depth knowledge of Electrical Standards (NFPA79, NFPA70 (NEC), UL508A).
- In depth knowledge of Safety standards (ANSI/RIA15.06, OSHA).
- Configuration of controls networks including:
- Proficiency selecting appropriate circuit protectors, wire and cable, sensors, safety hardware, PLC hardware, remote I/O, VFD and instrumentation.
- Proficiency creating detailed process, electrical, pneumatic and fluid schematics in CAD (AutoCAD). Ability to use 3D CAD packages such as with Revit is a plus.
- Proficiency programming and tuning variable frequency drives
- Exposure to a wide variety of production machinery, industrial sensors, and equipment (Level, temperature and pressure transducers, current and power meters, etc)
- Experience transitioning products and processes from concept to production desired
- Proficiency in programming industrial process and manufacturing equipment:
- Proficiency in database systems (MSSQL, MySQL, Access) is a plus
- Proficiency in modern text based programming languages (Python, Java, C, VB) is a plus
- Ability to program state machines, data acquisition, and PID control is a plus.
- Experience programming Cartesian, SCARA and Articulated robots (Fanuc, Kuka, Motoman, Epson) is a plus
- Experience with Vision systems (Cognex, Keyence, Fanuc) is a plus
- Experience creating technical specifications for process or manufacturing equipment is a plus