The Product Technology team is hiring a Data Engineer to join our Data Insights team to optimize and extend our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as the flow and collection of data from multiple sources. The ideal candidate has a solid software engineering background, and is driven by exciting technical challenges and thrives in a fast-paced, iterative, and collaborative environment. We want to talk to you if you are excited about optimizing and potentially re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of product and data initiatives.
What you’ll do:
- Create and maintain an optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Have a critical role in defining and maintaining our overall data strategy that will help fuel future innovation.
- Identify, design and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimize data delivery and re-design infrastructure for greater efficiency and scalability.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Within an Agile environment, work as part of a cross-functional Scrum team in serving the data needs of the company.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Participate in an engineering culture of “always be learning” where the sharing and learning from failures is celebrated and the giving and receiving of constructive candid feedback is highly encouraged.
What you bring (Required):
- Advanced experience writing SQL queries, and working knowledge of a variety of databases (MySQL, Mongo, Redis).
- High-level proficiency with Python, Node.js, AWS (Lambda, SNS, EC2, ECS).
- Experience with data warehouses: Redshift (preferred), Azure, BigQuery, Snowflake...
- Experience with manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Strong analytical skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Strong project management and organizational skills: ability to understand project requirements and translate them into technical subtasks.
- Experience with data visualization systems like Looker, Tableau.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Deep experience with code versioning tools (GIT/Bitbucket).
- A deep sense of quality, and sharp engineering skills with strong computer science fundamentals.
- 4+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, building and optimizing “big data” data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
What would be awesome to have (Preferred):
- Experience with data science
Our amazing perks!
- Unlimited PTO
- 12 half-day Fridays a year
- 20 hours paid volunteer time off
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass, or ride-share allowance
- Supplemental Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, available day one
- 401(k) plan
- Dog friendly office
- Fitness membership discounts
- Love the active life? We have company and team outings and participate in team sports
- Monthly employee development courses
- New expansive office in downtown San Diego overlooking Petco Park baseball stadium and the ocean
This company is a social enterprise that creates world-class online fundraising software for nonprofits, modernizing the giving experience to accelerate social impact around the world. Recognized as one of the most valuable tech startups in San Diego, Trusted by organizations of all sizes, from the fastest-growing nonprofits like Team Rubicon and The Trevor Project, to some of the world's largest social organizations, such as The Salvation Army, Robin Hood Foundation, and Shriners Hospitals for Children. Working here means you’re an integral part of our mission—to mobilize and empower the world for good—and our unique culture. You’ll learn, contribute to amazing customer experiences, and flourish alongside colleagues who are determined to make a lasting social impact.
We are working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.