Hiring for an energetic full-time Video Editor / Videographer with a strong understanding of what’s trending in the social media environment. You’ll create and edit compelling videos for massive social audiences, and your work will be an important part of increasing the reach and ROI for global brands.
*Ideally located in NYC as the studio for all shoots is located there!
The ideal Video Editor / Videographer candidate is an imaginative content creator, strong collaborator, and all around figure-it-out-er. Applicants should have a solid background in video production, from pre- all the way to post, including filming, editing, color correction, and basic sound mixing. Experience working with Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects, and motion graphics preferred. Prior experience working with advertising or promotional video is a plus.
**Portfolio and/or video reel required**
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 - 7+ years of experience in creating quality video content
- Proficient in Full Adobe Suite - especially Premiere Pro, After Effects & Photoshop - Illustrator and Audition skills a plus)
- Strong understanding of each stage of the production process, especially lighting, camera work, and post production/editing
- Ability to edit and post from rough cut to final deliverable
- Ability to operate cameras and, when needed, other production equipment to shoot footage with technical and creative proficiency
- Comfort with creating and editing in traditional and non-traditional video formats (e.g. mobile); equally proficient with a DSLR as a mobile phone
- A strong sense of pace and timing, a knowledge for the best ways to grab viewers, and a sense for how to connect with audiences in as little time as possible
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role
- Design knowledge, and an understanding of advertising in the digital world
- Have your finger on the pulse of what’s trending in the social space, and respond to changes in the landscape by proposing new ideas and creative solutions
- A scrappy, competitive drive — you always want your next video to outperform the one before
- Film and edit high-quality video content with a focus on creating engaging video for social media audiences
- Perform post production work, such as editing, motion graphics, color correction and audio adjustments ensuring the film retains the mood, style, and delivery as specified
- Work closely with our team to brainstorm and script social media ads, drawing on client needs and input where possible
- Work independently, as well as part of a team, to establish project deliverables
- Be agile and willing to revise and improve content on an ongoing basis
- Communicate effectively and efficiently between stakeholders in a larger creative process
- Engage in creative problem solving and evaluate video performance analytics