Our client is the rapidly scaling AI, deep learning, and machine learning startup in the global veterinary industry. They are seeking a Head of Research and Development to join the team. In 2021, they have entered hypergrowth phase. This position comes with a competitive salary + equity component.
As part of management team, the Director, Engineering will take ownership of the existing line of products while spearheading product development and engineering efforts. You will provide technical vision, leadership, and strategic expertise driving product and technology current and future development. This will include:
- Providing design and architecture leadership. Our team is scrappy, so while you’re an effective people manager, you should also be highly technical and hands-on.
- Taking responsibility for the full lifecycle of the product. From planning and development to testing and support, it will be your responsibility to lead product and make sure we are constantly growing to suit the needs of our customers.
- Ensuring that the necessary steps are being made in the product or strategy to bring about the best results for our family of veterinarians and the business.
- Building, leading, and growing our team of engineers, data scientists, and AI practitioners.
Working on the team requires being both a leader and a team player, results driven, intrigued with problem-solving and finding solutions, passionate about what you build and how you build it, laser-focused democratizing the veterinary profession, and dedicated to improving the lives of the companion animals our family of veterinarians care for.
- At least 8 years of experience as an individual contributor, with hands-on software development experience.
- Experience as an R&D Group Manager or equivalent role in a previous startup environment.
- 4+ years of proven experience developing end-to-end cloud-based/SaaS products with a team led by you.
- Proven experience with hiring and building engineering teams from scratch.