*Position is remote - seeking SoCal based candidates
Our client a fast growing SaaS/FinTech company is hiring a Lead UX Designer.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Lead UX Designer will work closely with product and enterprise leaders to find the best solutions to our most important challenges. Their work results in measurable improvements in user experiences throughout the company ecosystem. They have a deep appreciation for analytic data sets but can apply an understanding of human behavior to the data to deliver the right solution at the right time. They will establish the beginning of a UX discipline in a growing company and help the team meet its exciting goals.
- Develop and own UX strategy across the ecosystem of applications
- Communicate solutions and designs through appropriate documentation such as text, diagrams, illustrations/visualizations, and/or prototypes
- Partner with product, engineering, and other stakeholders to define great experiences from initial concept through successful implementation
- Facilitate and participate in customer interaction and research in many forms, from interviews to usability testing, to validate designs and make iterative improvements
- Visualize and prototype intended solutions at various levels of fidelity, from high-level wireframes or mock-ups to conceptual presentations to highly technical documents and diagrams
- Work on a of range of projects, from vague to well-defined, simple to complex, implementation to innovation and drive them from concept to conclusion
- Use analytics and data to inform or drive design decisions for outcomes that engage customers
- Establish UX research as a core function of the product development process, This includes interviews, ethnographic observation, workflow analyses and contextual inquiry.
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL:
- 5-10 years of design experience across a variety of technologies and project sizes
- A strong passion for finding the best solutions to real problems
- Strong analytical skills to make fact-based decisions and to document the evidence that led to those decisions
- Strong time management skills and project management skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage different projects and priorities simultaneously
- Ability to focus on the most important outcome at the current moment
- Demonstrated research and testing experience
- Proficiency in the user of design software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision, or similar tools
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL:
- Ownership & Drive— ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong follow-through and a focus on owning the outcome
- Influential and Persuasive - seen as a trusted advisor
- Solid understanding of users, the marketplace, competition and of future trends for the consumer credit, finance, or identity theft
- Unwavering commitment to transparency, accountability, and driving results for yourself and your team members and stakeholders
- Experience or familiarity with the topics of information security and data privacy.
This is a full-time position, salaried, exempt (40+ hours/week), plus a Management by Objective (MBO) Bonus plan.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
Include medical, dental, and vision (for employees and dependents). Benefits include 100% Company Contribution for Health Insurance, Life Insurance with AD&D and Employee Assistance Plan, 50% Contribution for Dental, Vision, Long Term & Short Term Disability for employees, and a 401k program with employer match. We work in a casual dress attire environment. Enjoy friendly competition with ping-pong tournaments, pool games, and more.