*Position is blended in office/remote - potentially fully remote
Principle Product Owner.
Our client, a privately-owned company that has been in business since 2009 is currently ranked in the top 5 in their industry and is highly award winning and scaling rapidly.
What You'll Do:
Be the champion for the end user. Define and deliver against a roadmap that puts the consumer front and center. Help us build the best consumer journey in the industry and tie that effort to a metric driven business case. We want to improve benefit activation, user engagement, retention, and life time value. Our hypothesis is simple: Maximizing the value of our service for our customers will in turn drive more valuable customers to our product.
Who you are: A product leader with experience building, managing, and optimizing direct to consumer web and mobile applications. A demonstrated track record of validating and improving a variety of key performance indicators that prove a user is getting the most out of their membership and also becoming a more valuable customer for our business.
You'll work with the leadership team to understand and define our strategic roadmap. Collaborate with the product delivery, UX/UI, and engineering teams to deliver strategic objectives. Wear multiple hats (sometimes at the same time) as needed in order to get take a strategic objective from concept to delivery and make sure that our cross-functional stakeholders are ready and able to support those outcomes as we go.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to influence strategic vision and roadmap
- Own the outcome of strategic objectives from discovery to delivery
- Manage conversion, activation, and retention KPI’s for one or more consumer-facing applications.
- Manage an ongoing series of optimization and A/B test exercises aligned to KPI improvements and goals.
- Maintain a prioritized product backlog for all assigned projects based on business value
- Execute feature demonstrations for stakeholders prior to final delivery and acceptance
- Identify, build, and deliver technical and non-technical training material to enable cross-functional stakeholders to support go-to-market and other ‘post-delivery responsibilities
- Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time
- Collaborate with engineering resources based both locally and offshore, participate in meetings that align with offshore hours (8-10 pm or 6-8 am) as needed to ensure delivery of assigned objectives
Work Samples Requested (if possible):
- Process maps
- Test plans
- Story Maps
- UX Mockups
- User Stories
- Strategic planning documentation (market requirement docs, vision documents, business cases, etc..)
- Go-to-market or other post-delivery plans and artifacts
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Experience managing subscription-based direct-to-consumer web products
- 10+ years of experience managing projects in an Agile environment
- Experience leading multiple cross-functional teams to define and deliver strategic objectives
- A strong passion for great user experience and meeting user needs
- Strong analytical skills to make fact-based decisions and to document the evidence that led to those decisions
- Strong time management skills and project management skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage different projects and priorities simultaneously
- Ability to function and lead in a team environment
- Experience conducting market and user research to inform a strategic plan
- Experience leading discovery and framing exercises
- Experience building financial projections, business cases, and other artifacts necessary to establish an objective projection of strategic success
- Experience leading go-to-market efforts
PREFERRED SKILL AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ownership & Drive - Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with strong follow-through and a focus on owning the outcome
- Influential and Persuasive - Be seen as a trusted advisor
- Solid understanding of users, the marketplace, competition, and of future trends for the consumer credit, finance, or identity theft
- Proven ability to clearly define a set of requirements that pinpoint business challenges and identify technical and business changes required to address them.
- Unwavering commitment to transparency, accountability, and driving results for yourself and your team members and stakeholders
- Experience or familiarity with the topics of information security, data privacy, and consumer credit data
- One or more product delivery and strategy certifications
- Examples: C-SPO, Pragmatic, etc..
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
Benefits including medical, dental, and vision (for employees and dependents). Benefits include 100% Company Contribution for Health Insurance, Life Insurance with AD&D and Employee Assistance Plan, 50% Contribution for Dental, Vision, Long Term & Short Term Disability for employees, and a 401k program with employer match. We work in a casual dress attire environment. Enjoy friendly competition with ping-pong tournaments, pool games, and more.