*Position is blended in office/remote - potentially fully remote -- *Position is remote - seeking SoCal based candidates
Our client, a privately-owned, well-funded company based in Temecula, CA that has been in business since 2009 is currently ranked near the top of their industry and is highly award winning and scaling rapidly.
The Application Architect will lead a virtual cloud architecture function and focus on the integration layers across all products, driving strategy and execution. The Cloud Architect provides strategic guidance and oversight to the technical teams in alignment with company’s cloud strategy and builds relationships with business and tech leaders to ensure a seamless and connected set of software and products across the organization.
The Architect will drive automation, deployment, and configuration of GCP cloud services – both existing and new toolsets and services. This role will drive the migration of existing on-prem application infrastructure that needs to be migrated and configured to run on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) as well as the design, build, deployment, and ongoing maintenance of a new cloud-native microservices architecture.
- Develop and establish agreed-upon enterprise cloud architecture frameworks to help govern solutions development and investments leveraging SMEs and technical resources within all technology areas
- Bring in emerging technologies relevant to meet the business need and keep the enterprise cloud current and competitive in the industry, leading a set of prioritized experiments across emerging tech which are fit for purpose.
- Maintain industry best practices to create scalable and secure cloud solutions.
- Collaborate in the definition and management of system architecture, roadmap, and standards
- 8+ years’ experience in developing technology solutions, including but not limited to operations/engineering, networking engineering, infrastructure/database architecture, and/or applications development.
- Experience with high volume systems and designing solutions for reliability and performance at scale
- Experience with streaming architectures including cost analysis, performance tuning, and quality of service concerns
- Recent experience in GCP implementations with Cloud Services like AppEngine, GKE, Cloud Storage, Cloud SQL
- Experience with DevOps best practices and tech stack solutions such as Git, Jenkins, Terraform, Google Deployment Manager, or AWS CDK and configuration management with Ansible, Consul or equivalent.
- Understanding of API-first, cloud native Microservices architecture
- Understanding of n-tier application design, a good understating of the OSI model and being able to articulate and navigate the security requirements of data at rest and in flight.
- Hands on knowledge and mastery in C# and .NET Core
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills capable of evangelizing cloud standards into the wider organization and supporting the transition to a cloud culture
- Technical degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience.
- Broad technology experience including cloud architecture, applications development, relational databases, NoSQL databases, analytics, machine learning, networking, security, storage, DevOps, containers, serverless, CI/CD, management and monitoring, cloud migrations, IT transformation. Understanding of big data concepts and distributed programming
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy solutions to the cloud.
- Presentation and whiteboarding skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with internal and external executives, IT management, and technical teams.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.