The Director of Engineering plays a leading strategic role in the digital platform strategy across the enterprise, driving the design, development, testing, deployment, and operations of the platform ecosystem. The Director of Engineering applies their considerable technical experience and architectural vision to lead formal and informal design meetings and discussions to identify appropriate enterprise-wide and team solutions. This role is responsible for solving business problems with technology and using structured decision making to trade-off multiple solutions against each other to identify the optimum solution.
- Oversee front-end and back-end development teams and their projects
- Monitor reliability and performance of all internal systems to suggest improvements
- Ensure overall company compliance with security regulations
- Ensure software compliance with PCI DSS regulations
- Manage software development projects by setting requirements, goals and timelines
- Design strategies for future development projects based on the company’s overall objectives and resources
- Hire engineers and coordinate their training
- Be highly engaged with development teams, driving modern architecture into the enterprise, championing design patterns, leading code reviews, and giving 1 on 1 technical feedback to the team
- Implement innovative technologies
- Coordinate with external stakeholders for new integrations and tools
- Review and update policies relevant to internal systems and equipment
- Oversee IT operations and supervise systems and IT staff
- Develop strategy as it relates to the organization's IT infrastructure (computer and information systems, security, communication systems)
- Ensure smooth delivery and operation of IT services by monitoring systems performance
- 8+ years of experience working in IT operations, supervising technology teams, and overseeing large information technology projects
- Excellent understanding of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and telecommunications systems
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with teams across the entire organization
- Excellent leadership and decision-making skills
- Strong knowledge of project management principles
- Hands-on experience in back-end and front-end development
- Solid understanding of a wide array of software technologies and tools Extensive experience with cloud technologies and modern human-computer interfaces
- Proven track record in encouraging innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and managing diversity.
- Experience building complex software systems with relevant security practices that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices using Agile frameworks and planning/execution skills including estimating and scheduling.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field