This role will be part of an agile team focused on bringing new products and benefits to market. You will leverage your in-depth knowledge of software development to deliver an amazing user experience within our web and mobile applications. You will work closely with our product team, business leaders, and other technology teams as you build a strong understanding of our business, consumers, and how we design the best solutions in the market.
Our top candidate has a proven track record of building and leading web and mobile development projects from inception to production support. You are comfortable working with team-members face-to-face and across the world. You know how to get work done, hit deadlines AND understand how to be part of a team. You are strongly driven toward the personal and professional development of yourself and the members of your team.
- Design & Develop new software solutions using current technologies in client and server-side web application development, API integrations, and database solutions.
- Deliver “pixel-perfect” implementation of approved user interfaces
- Design, construction, and consumption of our REST/SOAP/WCF APIs
- Lead the development of new web applications from inception to production support. After launch, be the technical point of contact for support and enhancements to the system
- Participate in Design and Code Reviews with our other development teams
- Take part on Agile gatherings and work closely with our product team on a daily basis
- Follow our SDLC process precisely to ensure high quality, efficient sprints, and visibility across the organization.
- Take part in standup meetings, manage tasks to deadlines, and communicate any issues in a timely manner
- Optimize components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Provide accurate estimates of time required to complete projects and tasks.
- Utilize Test and Behavior Driven Development practices to ensure the product delivered is high quality and meets requirements
- Work with QA team members as part of sprint team to support test effort
- Coordinate with product for user acceptance testing research
- Learn new software development technology and practices to maintain knowledge of best practices and next generation technologies
- Perform code reviews, pair programming.
- Create and present technical design plans for future projects.
- Works well independently; capable of self-motivating and managing
- Familiarity modern front-end development practices such as CSS in JS and using preprocessors and bundlers
- Experience with one or more Object-Oriented back-end programming languages such as PHP, Python, or Ruby
- Familiarity with Node.js
- Database design and management
- Experience implementing testing platforms, unit tests
- Proficiency with Git
- Experience with working with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts
- BS or higher in Computer Science, related technical discipline, or equivalent professional experience
- Experience designing applications using UML, Object Oriented Design Patterns
- Mobile application development for iOS and/or Android
- Familiarity with native build tools, like XCode, Gradle
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server database optimization.
- Excellent team-player and ability to work with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Solid understanding of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines
- The ability to analyze complex technical information
- An awareness of current issues affecting the industry and its technologies
- A logical, analytical, and creative approach to problem-solving
- Strong Communication skills
- Appreciation for clean, well-documented code
- Understanding of REST APIs, the document request model, and offline storage
- Understanding of Agile software development practices