As a Back End Software Engineer, you will design, build, and scale the core infrastructure and services that power our web platform while maintaining the security and scalability of that infrastructure. You will work alongside our macOS and DevOps engineers.
We are looking for a software engineer with experience building large-scale, mission-critical enterprise software in an object-oriented language.
- Contribute to our build, test, and release process to launch new code on a fast weekly cycle.
- Develop intuitive, robust, and scalable software designed for high-volume use.
- Develop third-party integrations.
- Make changes across databases, optimize server and client code on web platforms.
- Triage issues, respond to threats, provide recommended fixes.
- Become an authority on the application.
- 5+ years of professional engineering experience
- Exceptional proficiency in Python, Django (2+ years)
- Extensive experience with Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, etc.
- Authoritative understanding of data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Data-driven, analytical, hypothesis/validation mindset
- Ability to identify problems/opportunities, break them down into critical parts, and design solution options
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment of a large web application, and associated build, test, and deployment methodologies and tools
- Experience with RESTful API
- Familiar with microservice architecture
- Experience with modern frameworks on backend and frontend