Location: We are a remote-first company. This role can be based anywhere in the US.
The product team currently is comprised of highly talented and growth-obsessed product managers. We try very hard to be design-minded (not just how it looks but how it works) and human-centered (solve for people, not for features). We have the discipline to put Product Discovery (understand everything about the problem first) ahead of Product Design (define the solution). And the product team cares deeply about Go to Market (enabling our colleagues to rollout, sell, train and support effectively), not just production releases.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our team and drive the strategy and development of our Credit Risk and Risk Operations teams. You serve a critical role at the intersection of “Fin” and Tech,” as you will directly partner with credit, finance, and operations stakeholders to lead credit risk initiatives across our product portfolio. This is a high-impact, high-visibility role and you will partner with leaders from all departments of the Company. You serve as the Product Owner within your agile engineering team and are the cornerstone of product success, responsible for defining the work that needs to be completed and prioritizing that work. You are familiar with credit models and risk; you’ve partnered with or been part of credit and risk teams. You’ve built and managed credit risk models and automated underwriting systems. You know how to put together a product roadmap that best serves customers and meets business goals. You understand what an initiative is expected to deliver and why those elements are important -- to customers, to the market, to the organization, and to the tech platform. You are trusted by your engineering team to be the face of the team to all stakeholders and to be the team’s SME and expert guide for risk and compliance.
We’re looking for a product manager who..
- Lives for building things. You love the development and launch of new products. You (literally) dream about potential solutions and can’t wait to talk things through with your engineering partners. There’s nothing better than a completed sprint or an initiative launch and customer reaction to your product is one of your greatest motivations.
- Passionate for risk optimization. Love partnering with Risk, ML, Engineering teams to develop solutions that increase approval rates while maintaining/improving portfolio profitability.
- Thinks analytically. You deeply understand your domain and you love thinking through problems and the pros/cons of potential solutions. Your teammates respect your business analysis skill set and your superpower of impact analysis.
- Communicates effectively. You are the ‘Rosetta Stone’ for technical teams and business stakeholders. You know how to efficiently use business stakeholders to get what you need for your product/team. Your vocabulary adapts to the stakeholders you engage with - product, design, engineering, executive team, legal, operations, sales, finance and everyone in between.
- Works collaboratively. You like working with people. People like working with you. You like being the connective tissue between teams. You don’t think of project management as a chore but necessary for product success
- Understands technically. You are not afraid to become intricately familiar with our product and back-end platform. You want to know enough about the architecture, the business rules and technology stack to be able to make smart product decisions.
- Serves gladly. You are eager to become the go-to person. You are an active listener. You like fielding questions, resolving issues and generally being in service to others.
- Partner with Credit Policy and Decision Sciences, Finance, and Operations team members and own the short-, medium, and long-term technology product roadmap for your products/systems
- Serve as the “Voice of the Product” and trusted SME for Credit, Risk, Compliance, Legal, and your agile team
- You are the voice of Risk within the Product Management team - you will advocate for these domains across any and every project within the organization
- Deeply understand and solve for business impact and end-to-end customer experience for your domain; be able to passionately explain the ‘why’ behind initiatives to your agile team and stakeholders
- Create epics, actionable user stories, and effective acceptance criteria for development teams; accept the completed user stories to make sure the work fulfills the criteria
- Partner closely with engineering to explore potential solutions and initiative SOWs; define, recommend, and communicate approach options, trade-offs, and pros and cons
- Manage partnered vendors for the customized ‘off-the-shelf’ technologies that are integrated into your product; lead SOW development, vendor check-ins, issue troubleshooting, etc. and support contract development and negotiations
- Prioritize competing priorities of all sizes and stages; drive for both iterative improvements and focus on larger transformational initiatives by solving for what is best for the business, overall
- Lead requirements gathering effort on epics — consulting with engineers, product managers, and partnered business stakeholders
- Continual build, grooming, and prioritization of your product backlog
- Attend and/or run team agile ceremonies; continually look for ways to get your agile team to ‘high performing’
- Partner across other product agile teams to ensure all initiatives meet and exceed company, product, and customer expectations on time with high quality
- Practice effective project management skills, identify and communicate risks, create and manage mitigation plans
- Work closely with leadership to define and measure KPIs associated with your product
What you bring to the team
- 5+ years of product management experience at a FinTech company, lending institution, or bank
- Prior experience with Risk Models and Automated Underwriting Systems
- Experience with APIs and third-party services in delivering a seamless product user experience
- Customer insight and a data-driven approach to product management
- Experience working with systems that handle sensitive data and with controls and change management processes
- Executive presence with cross-functional team members of all levels, including C-level
- Deep understanding of software development processes
- Excitement for a fast-growing and fun work environment with the ability to adapt and lead as we expand
- Proven ability to partner with Agile software development team
- An unquenchable desire to learn and grow
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or Technology; MBA a huge plus.
- Major Plus: experience working with data/decision science teams; and/or interest in learning more about these areas
- Plus: experience with microservices architectures
- Plus: experience with customized ‘off-the-shelf’ technologies; ability to manage vendor relationships and delivery schedule
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.