Hiring a Jr - Mid level front end developer for a digitally-native brand that’s on a mission to craft well-designed, non-toxic products and are scaling rapidly.
Since launching in November 2019, we’ve become one of the fastest growing digitally native brands with thousands of five-star reviews from happy customers and hundreds of press hits from the likes of Vogue, Refinery29, Popsugar, etc.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Front-End Engineer role will be an early hire at venture-backed digitally native brand Caraway. We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic web developer who wants to craft beautiful eCommerce experiences. As a web developer, you will be working closely with our digital product designer to build best-in-class eCommerce solutions. You will be envisioning, architecting, and crafting experiences in collaboration with a growing team.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in all aspects of the development lifecycle, including technical analysis, architecture, design, programming, deployment, and maintenance.
- Convert Figma files into fully functioning eCommerce features.
- Follow style guides with a keen sense of design, typography, branding, and attention to detail.
- Optimize code for reusability, maximum speed, and scalability
- Manage and maintain code base, including troubleshooting errors or bugs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Perform thorough QA testing including cross-browser/platform compatibility with a design point of view in mind.
- Continually optimize the way that we work by following — and refining — best practices
- 1-3+ years of hands-on experience
- BA/BS Degree or Developer Bootcamp.
- Ability to create strong responsive front end layouts with thoughtful interactions
- Experience with one or more modern JS Frameworks/Library (React, Vue)
- Experience working with third-party APIs
- Knowledge using version control and Git flows
- Comfortable working from concept through completion.
- Strong Q/A ability and aesthetic sensibility.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and enthusiasm for collaboration
- Demonstrated experience with web performance best practices
- Curious and love learning about new technologies
- Not afraid to question the status quo
- A fun & excellent attitude and excellent sense of humor
- Experience with Gatsby
- Experience building for eCommerce platforms such as Shopify or BigCommerce
- Understanding of SEO best practices
- Experience with Adobe XD, Figma, or Sketch
- Knowledge of image tools (Photoshop) to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments.
- Passion for design
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
We offer competitive start-up rates with access to a senior leadership team.
- A competitive salary and equity options
- Top tier benefits and flexible vacation policy
- We invest in your career and opportunities for growth / Equity options