Our client is seeking a full-time, remote QA Engineer who will work closely with the development team and internal stakeholders to ensure public facing applications are performant, easy to use, and defect free.
- Participate in our agile development process and own end to end sprint testing. Duties include helping refine user stories, enhancing acceptance criteria, and representing testing effort during grooming.
- Execute test plans during all stages of development, from initial development to regression testing and hot fix deployment validation.
- Reproduce and log bugs as well as any feature changes. Includes diagnosing bugs reported by internal users and analyzing production issues captured in various logging platforms (eg. Application Insights, SQL, etc…).
- Participate in identifying and managing defects and communicating any release schedule impacts.
- Develop and maintain reusable test cases, scripts, and test scenarios for functional, regression, and performance testing.
- Analyze and troubleshoot test script execution issues and test results.
- Maintain and improve existing automation test suites.
- Hands on experience with scripting/coding (eg. MSSQL, C#, PowerShell).
- Testing experience in an agile development environment (e.g. SCRUM/XP/Kanban) with experience writing acceptance criteria for user stories.
- Demonstrated experience in test planning, test design, test strategy, and test execution.
- Demonstrated leadership on emerging quality assurance methodologies and best practices.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills. Must possess ability to interact with peers in a high-bandwidth and collaborative fashion.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as under management supervision.
- Experience or exposure to Azure DevOps and JIRA is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with Agile/Scrum delivery teams
- Experience with Visual Studio and C#
- Experience with .NET Core
- Experience with RESTful API testing using gRPC or ASP.NET Web API
- Experience with Mercurial/Git
- Experience MS SQL Server 2017+