LINQM is looking for a Technical/Functional Project Manager.
This contractor position reports to the UIT Project Management Office (UIT PMO), working with a group of technical project managers assembled into multidisciplinary teams to complete a broad range of critical University-wide technology projects. The project manager is responsible for managing large and complex technical projects leveraging project management best practices to drive continuous improvement and ensure consistent, high-quality outcomes. The project manager is expected to weigh the interests of multiple stakeholders, act with the highest professionalism, and exercise independent judgment and decision-making.
Project Management (60%)
● Perform the full range of project management cycle: initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing. Independently lead and direct projects requiring high levels of functional integration and involving multiple disciplines to be managed.
● Direct development of an action plan, and estimate requirements for resources, including management, labor, materials, and time required to complete projects.
● Facilitate discussions and negotiations to drive recommendation and consensus.
● Develop and help execute comprehensive change management strategy and communication plan relative to project scope and stakeholders; orchestrate and lead change management methodologies underlying project success.
● Responsibilities include but not limited to: charter origination; scope identification and shaping scope definition; manage stakeholders, constituents and disciplines across Stanford and beyond, including local cities/counties; risk-manage, control and report on risk associated with more complicated projects, affecting division or program as it relates to their project portfolio; project complexity involves synthesizing complex technical data and driving decision.
● Adapt to tools, methodologies, and practices used by the UIT PMO.
PMO Process, Methodology and Tools (40%)
● Administer the UIT PMO project intake process and procedures including coordinating project qualifications and demand management, creating resource plans, and evaluating resource constraints.
● Assist with PPM/PMO process improvement initiatives as defined in the PMO roadmap.
* Other duties may also be assigned
Education and Experience
● Bachelor's degree in a related field and five years of related experience in management of projects with extensive size/complexity and moderate performance risk, including project planning, scheduling, tracking, and budgeting, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
● Highly effective written and oral communication skills to address a wide variety of audiences.
● Ability to productively assemble, engage, and lead cross-functional teams.
● Demonstrated project management ability to employ integration, scope time management, cost, quality, human resources, communications, risk, and procurement components.
● Ability to balance customer expectations with project reality.
● Demonstrated resilience, diplomacy, influence, relationship building, and problem solving skills in a variety of situations.
● Keen grasp of interpersonal and impact awareness.
● Depth of knowledge in technical discipline/domain needed to deliver projects.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
● Proven experience with Agile, Waterfall and Hybrid project management methodologies strongly desired.
● Knowledge of project management tools and software development lifecycle (SDLC) strongly desired.
● Strong analytical skills and attention to details.
● Proven experience in developing and maintaining complex and integrated project plans with proper work breakdown structure (WBS) strongly desired.
● Proven experience in people, change, risk, and conflict management strongly desired.
● Proven ability to build relationships and motivate cross-functional teams to achieve results in a consensus driven environment strongly desired.
● Ability to lead and direct a team of internal and external technical and business staff, and align technical needs with business goals strongly desired.
● Solid leadership, negotiation, persuasion, and facilitation skills strongly desired.
● Ability to navigate stressful situations and make/negotiate decisions on complex problems strongly desired.
● Solid experience with MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio), Smartsheet, ServiceNow Project Portfolio Manager (PPM), Zoom, Slack and Jabber are strongly desired.
● Experience with Oracle E-Business Suite desired.
● Experience with PeopleSoft Student and HR Administration desired.
● Understanding of Telecom service delivery (e.g. paging, TDM, VoIP, PBX, Call Manager) and Telecom vendors such as Cisco, Nortel is a plus.
● Experience with managing IT technical infrastructure, application and system integrations
● Knowledge of quality assurance and testing practices desired.
● Knowledge of data integration across different technical platforms desired.
● Understanding of Web application architecture and the technology tiers that support them, system architectures, application integration, and object oriented languages desired.
Certifications and Licenses
● Project Management Professional (PMP) certified completion of a Project Management Certificate program, or certification in process.
● Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) completion or certification in process is desired.
● ITIL Certification desired