We are helping a growing company that is looking to expand their accounting group. Growing from 50 ee's to 150 this year.
As our Senior Accountant, you’ll be responsible for the timely preparation of financial statements and variance analysis, periodic reconciliations, forecasting and budgeting, preparing journal entries, and retail deduction management. The position actions the more complex accounting and finance activity, including communication with various levels of internal customers within the Company.
A sampling of what you’ll be doing:
● Providing insightful management reporting on actual vs. plan (forecast) information to assigned business unit(s) and/or department(s).
● payments and intervening manually as needed. Creating models, conducting research, and analyzing actual business performance against targets in the Operating Plan, Strategic Plan, and Forecasts as applicable.
● Supporting the development of the annual operating plan, financial forecast process, and strategic plan for assigned business unit(s) and/or departments.
● Monitoring, tracking, and submitting invoices to parent company’s AP and providing expense coding as needed.
● Partnering with assigned business unit(s) and/or department(s) to actively manage budgets and the monthly close process in line with company policy and GAAP.
● Analyzing data trends and retail market developments to adjust forecast models and assumptions.
● Performing retail promotional analytics and sharing insights and optimization recommendations with all internal customers, as applicable.
● Conducting ad-hoc analyses as needed to support operational decision making and improve profitability.
● Preparing monthly general ledger account analysis and journal entries as needed.
● Monitoring monthly sales tax
● 3+ years experience in accounting, finance or a related field.
● Expert level Excel proficiency and proficiency with data visualization tools
● Competent knowledge of US generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)