We are looking for a Corporate Accounting Manager for a well funded company that has gone from startup to small company and is well funded with products!
In this hands-on role you will have the opportunity to build your team while leveraging the existing back-office firm. We’re excited for you to play a significant role in building a world-class accounting and finance function.
- Accounting: Own all aspects of month/year-end close including inventory, revenue recognition, AP, AR taxes, and payroll. Monitor new accounting and financial reporting guidance, evaluate impact to the company and make recommendations as necessary
- Reporting: Support the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual management reporting including analysis of operating and financial results, sharing key insights, and assessing current and future business risk
- Financial Control: Design, review and evaluate the effectiveness of accounting and financial controls across a multi-location environment
- Compliance: Ensure we keep in compliance with all taxes including federal and state income tax, property tax as well as other government filings as necessary
- Systems and Processes: Incorporate best-in-class financial systems and tools. Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure we have scalable financial systems
- Team Building: Hire and manage an in-house accounting team as needed
- 8-10 years of relevant professional experience with a mix of public accounting and private industry experience.
- Strong technical knowledge of GAAP, tax principles and financial statement preparation
- CPA preferred
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Working knowledge of financial systems and proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Suite
- Bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
Nice-to-have (but not required)
- Experience with manufacturing, inventory management and cost accounting a plus
- Prior experience implementing ERP systems a plus