LINQM is looking for a facilities coordinator role.
- Serve as property operations / maintenance point of contact for facilities’ issues in complex facilities as defined above; initiate work requests, monitor completion; manage maintenance and renovations budget; coordinate and monitor routine maintenance services completion (trash, utilities, custodial, pest control, long term preservation, inspections, grounds, landscapes, alarms, systems & equipment), suggest metrics, monitor and report related trends. Use the ServiceNow system to receive and address work requests.
- Perform condition assessments on appearance, equipment, or troubleshooting ( formulated by another group, FSM), analyze results and decide status; identify and establish preventive maintenance plan; coordinate & integrate utility usage/optimization(monitor usage, gather info, provide recommendations, follow-up, shutdown requirements), analyze date and provide recommendations; coordinate, direct, inspect and approve contract work, third party vendors; identify, recommend & implement building operations & process modifications to the facility for increased productivity and/or cost reduction, manage related budget; coordinate maintenance logistics (to avoid faculty conflicts, events).
- Implement facility security programs by developing procedures/practices, distributing keys, providing building access, monitoring access records, assessing security infrastructure needs (security cameras, interlocks, alarms); and assessing and changing access schedules
- Complete project coordination by: performing the assigned tasks within department projects; acting as a project coordinator/liaison; and overseeing and executing projects (limited to small, local projects), including their organization, scheduling, budgeting, and implementation.
- Serve as safety management coordinator by overseeing fire inspections and coordinating with designated SoE safety professionals on other safety issues.
- Coordinate communications services with SoE IT and oversee mailing services, shipping and delivery.
- Coordinate space management and planning activities including: analyzing moves for minimal disruption; move coordination; space inventory; space allocation tracking; specifying set-ups; maximizing space utilization; providing input into facilities renewal model; and capital plan implementation (as assigned).
- Bachelor’s degree and five years related, demonstrated technical facilities management experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Analytical skills to analyze and track complex space, equipment and financial data.
- Interpersonal skills, mature judgment required to interact effectively with a broad range of people, including faculty and vendors, both individually and in groups.
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects with competing priorities, meet deadlines and project plans with short- and long-term end dates.
- Working knowledge of applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project.
- Experience working with internal and external vendors and services contracting.
- Background knowledge of safe handling and disposal of chemicals and hazardous waste; emergency preparedness plans and their implementation; and property administration specific to PO tracking, receiving, and inventory control.
- Certifications and Licenses:
- Valid California Non-commercial Class Driver’s license.